What to Consider when Choosing CNC Machining Services
Do you have a complicated production project? Consider CNC machining services in Calgary and Edmonton.
What is CNC?
CNC stands for computer numerical control. It is an automated system used to coordinate and program the various tools and equipment used in manufacturing. The CNC machining encoding process ensures tools are used in the proper order for specific designs or projects. The system can be controlled manually or mechanically. It allows for greater precision and efficiency during the production process.
Considerations for Choosing CNC Machining Services in Calgary and Edmonton
First of all you need to know what type of CNC machining tools you need for your project or production. Cutters, grinders, routers and milling machines are just a few of the possibilities. You may also need hardness testing tools including gauges, drills and other equipment. These will determine the type of CNC machining programs needed – some can use a single program while others need dedicated software. Consult with several local companies to discuss your needs. Companies like Advantage Manufacturing Ltd., which offers everything from drafting, engineering, welding, manufacturing and repair services can advise you at this stage.
Check out Several Companies before Deciding on One
Read online testimonials and reviews and check with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). How long have the companies been in business? Are they accredited? What are their qualifications? Do they have professional affiliations? Most important, do they offer the services you need to do the job?
When narrowing the list to a few contenders ask for recent references and contact them. Did the company meet their expectations? Was the service or equipment delivered and of good quality? Did they run into any unexpected problems and were these remedied in a timely and acceptable manner? Ask if they would recommend the company?
- Meet with the company representatives to discuss your project.
- Double check to ensure companies can provide the services you are seeking.
- Describe your plan. You also want to be assured you are not missing any vital information or equipment needed to complete your project. Dedicated staff will often provide suggestions and will ask you questions to ensure they can meet your needs. If they can’t provide all the equipment, they should be willing to point you to a reputable source. Ask them questions including how they will support any problems you might encounter with installation, troubleshooting and repair issues.
- Get estimates or quotes on paper.
- Decide on your service provider.
A bit of background work can save you money in the long run. Advantage Manufacturing Ltd. can help you sort through the process of finding your CNC machining services in Edmonton and Calgary. Contact us today!